THIS WEEK: Service and Prayer
Art for All – We are in production mode with “Art for All” and could use your help making beautiful things from mostly recycled material to sell at our craft sale/fundraiser on April 16-17. Here are some of the things we are finishing up:
- beading eyeglass necklaces
- folding and beading paper crane earrings
- cutting mirrors (from recyclers for hand-crafted frames
- paper-making and stamping and envelope cutting and folding
- sewing “urban flower” corsages
- (painting tomato supports and a sign for our parking lot garden – not for the sale but needs some willing hands)
We’ll be working together on Tuesday afternoon between 1 and 5 and Saturday afternoon between 1 and 4. If you would like to take supplies home to work at home, just let us know. This is a major fundraiser for the work we do here at the house and also helps support local artisans, some of whom are homeless. Thanks so much for your help!
Cafe – We are also still a bit shorthanded on Wednesdays. Let us know if you would like to help cook, serve, and/or clean up at the cafe.
Thursday prayer and potluck – On Thursdays we are gathering at 6 for lenten prayer and reflection, followed by a potluck dinner. Please join us, even if you don’t have time to prepare anything to share for dinner (we usually have leftovers from the cafe).
Daily lenten reflections are posted online each morning.