- Saturday, October 4, 4:15 PM—Serving Dinner at GRACE Marketplace: Individuals will be preparing corn bread and chili in their homes and meeting at GRACE at 4:15 in order to begin serving at 4:30pm. Contact Beth Hinrichs at firstname.lastname@example.org for recipes and more details.
- Sunday, October 12, 4:00 PM—“Open Table” Prayer Service and Potluck Dinner: Our activities as a Gainesville Catholic Worker community are anchored by a monthly prayer service and potluck on the 2nd Sunday of each month in the ministry building of Holy Faith Catholic Church, 747 NW 43rd Street, Gainesville FL 32607 (the ministry building is the first building on your left as you enter from NW 43rd Sreet). All are welcome—you need not be a donor, supporter or volunteer with GCW to participate. We begin gathering around 4pm, and start the prayer service around 4:15. We then share a light potluck supper together, usually beginning around 5pm. You are welcome to attend just the prayer service or just the potluck if you prefer. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information or just to let us know to watch for you.
- Saturday, October 18, 8:30 AM-12:00PM—Microfarm Workday: Black Acres Microfarm (BAM), owned and run by two of our community members Jade Allen and Lynn Chacko, has been a special part of the Gainesville Catholic Worker for some time now. Food produced on the farm will be used for our GRACE meals, and donated to places that need it, like GRACE, Catholic Charities, etc. Come out and enjoy a Saturday morning in the fresh air helping on the farm, which is very centrally located in the heart of Gainesville. Contact Jade Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and/or directions to BAM.
- Sunday, October 19, 2:00-3:00 PM—Visit to GRACE Marketplace: If you have never visited GRACE Marketplace (Gainesville’s new one-stop center to serve people who are homeless), here is a great opportunity. Some members of our GCW Community are going with one of the local JustFaith groups to tour GRACE. All are welcome. Contact email@example.com for more details.
- GRACE Women’s Group: The other project that some members of the GCW community are in the process of organizing is a Women’s Group at GRACE Marketplace. Details are still being firmed up, but if you are interested in participating and/or supporting this project, contact Sr. Marlene Payette at firstname.lastname@example.org.